Skip to main content

EFT - The wholesome tool


 It was in 2008 while I was going through a difficult phase and I was ready to try anything to get out of it that I chanced upon EFT while one of my extensive googling. ( Now a days they keep sending me captcha to confirm I am no robot) . Well anyways I had no idea what EFT was, but what I read impressed me, I checked every possible site and went through every possible material available on EFT and then I knew I needed a teacher. EFT is very easy to learn, no doubt about it, but a teacher's touch does add the needed magic in the initial stages after which it takes wings of its own, pretty much like a baby bird, it has wings, it sees other birds fly, but it does need its parents in the first few flights.

My next step was to find me a teacher and after another round of extensive googling I came across The Healing Circle, a site of Jayashree Ashok. I got in touch over phone and the moment I called I knew I had found my teacher. One the most sweetest and most supportive teacher ever, she was there for every query I had, every session I needed and in a span of just about 2 months I had this confidence that with EFT I am not alone on any challenge. (I started to look forward to challenges I could deal with EFT... :) )


So what is this EFT ?
EFT is Emotional Freedom Technique. Found by Gary Craig in the 1990's, it is a technique wherein you tap on certain meridian points gently with your fingers while we acknowledge and let go of our emotional attachments to the issues faced by us. Here issues can mean just about anything that we face in our daily life, relationships, job, finances, health, phobias, addictions and anything else you can come up with.

EFT can also be used to enhance your positive aspects. Do your daily affirmations with EFT for a lot more benefit. But it does always help to get rid of the negatives first before filling in the positives.

So how does just tapping on some meridian points while trying not to look silly help in getting over our problems?  Each of our problems has an emotional aspect to it. By emotional aspect I mean 'a feeling'  that keeps us attached to our problem and that feeling can vary from anything anger, fear, anxiety, desperation, frustration and the list goes on. Sometimes we feel we have no identity if not for a problem, the problem becomes our identity and the fear of losing our identity keeps us from letting go of any problem. EFT helps us in doing just that, recognizing our emotional attachment to our problem and tapping on the meridian points does just that, releasing the stored emotions. It might bring up other emotions, like peeling an onion, the underlying emotions that we did not know existed start coming out as well and layer by layer the entire problem is dealt with from the core as  a result of which recurrence is nil or minimal.


How soon do the changes occur?
The changes can be seen in few days, few hours and sometimes even in few minutes. For deep rooted problems it can take longer, but stage by stage shift will definitely be seen. The key is persistence, the moment the problem becomes tolerable and the high intensity of the emotion is gone, we generally get into a comfort zone and start living with it. But the change that can be seen with persistent practice and the shift that happens when the problem is completely released is magical.


Can you practice EFT on your own?
Of course you can, but in the starting stages it is helpful to have someone walk you through it. But there is nothing to stop you from trying it out on your own.

What is EFT helpful in resolving?
Let's just say your imagination is your limit to use EFT and you can use EFT to improve your imagination. It is not just used for getting rid of the negativity but also to enhance positive aspects. Some people have even used it to fix inanimate objects.  I remember when I was a newbie to EFT I taught it to a friend whose platelet count was low, she was a young kid then and blindly followed what I taught her. The doctors were amazed to see the change in less than 2 weeks. All she had was the belief and the willingness to try. I use it on almost a daily basis just to have a smoother life and lately I've been using it to work on improving creativity.

What are the EFT Tapping points?
EFT tapping points:
•    Head - top of the head

•    Eyebrow – on your eyebrow on the side nearest to you nose

•    Side of the eye – on the bony part of the eye socket at the side of your eye

•    Under the eye – on the bony part of the eye socket under your eye

•    Under the nose – between your nose and your upper lip

•    Chin – at the crease between your chin and your lower lip

•    Collar bone – on your upper ribs right next to where your collar bone and breastbone meet

•    Sore spot – a “tender spot” below your collar bone and above your breast (and rather than tapping this spot, rub it)

•    Under the arm – on the side of your body 2-3 inches below your armpit

•    Ribs – on the side of your body down at your lowest ribs

•    Fingers – on each finger on the side closest to the thumb where the nail and skin meet

•    Karate chop – on the edge of you hand below your little finger (the edge you would use to make a karate chop)

•    9-Gamut – on the back of your hand between and below the knuckles of your little finger and ring finger

The above details may look a bit overwhelming in the 1st look, but trust me, this is by far the most user-friendly tool that you can have as your ally.

After EFT, since by nature I am an extremely curious person I did learn a lot more tools among which was dowsing from Raymon Grace. During this I learnt further how to better use the power of visualization, ( Learnt it initially with the Silva method) . But as I learnt all this there are 2 things that still do play a very important role, in any method you choose to use, one is your intent and the other is belief.  With this, you can work wonders.

Please stay tuned... more to come....

And if you would like to try exploring EFT with me you can check out the available working packages from 'Work With Me' 

or Skype me:

Contact Me  or  ðŸ“§

Popular posts from this blog

EFT Tap - For believing in miracles

It has been a long time since I've posted here. But considering the current circumstances, with Coronavirus turning all our lives upside down, panic and fear looming large, one sentence mentioned by a friend stood out to me. "I believe in miracles." So how is it possible to even think of miracles with countries all over the world going into lockdown. For those who are new to eft, please check here:  https://eftwayoflife.blogspot.com/2017/03/eft-wholesome-tool.html Resources are available all over the net too : I tapped on it and I am sharing a few EFT scripts to help you also tap on it. It is my sincere belief that if we all can focus our miracles, it is bound to happen. So here it is: KC Point - Even though I am really scared worried and stressed now and have no idea how to focus on miracles, I still love accept and forgive myself. KC Point    - Even though the whole world is really s

Thoughts Vs Emotions

For those who have been practicing EFT for a while and the newcomers to EFT, it is really simple that once we have done a couple of rounds of EFT, it reveals a lot of things to us. When new emotions come up, it is really good, all we have to do is address them with another round of EFT. But sometimes our sweet intellect takes over and we start getting a number of thoughts, some memories, some perceived thoughts where we start analyzing the thoughts as possible connections to the issue at hand and start tapping on them. This takes us away from the issue. I hope you are with me so far and are getting what I am trying to say. For Example, if the issue at hand is you are feeling bad about something someone said to you, after a couple of rounds of tapping ideas come to your head and you start tapping " Even though I think xyz said this to me because..... " That becomes analysis rather than focusing on emotions. Even if such a thought does co

Resistance and Denial

Most problems faced by us meet with one of these reactions. Either a firm resistance or a stoic denial. In both cases, in the absence of acceptance, the problem festers, grows, multiplies, and sometimes develops in repeating patterns.  But what is the difference between resistance and denial? Resistance is being very aware of the problem and fighting it with various emotions. Most times it is anger, frustration, worry, fear, sadness or any form of desperation to get rid of it. With more resistance, there tends to be obsessive thinking about the problem, till it grows too big to handle.  Denial is different. There is a problem, but there is also a refusal to even acknowledge the problem. In fact, on the contrary, there is a tendency to make excuses, blame others, situations, and circumstances for the problem. In this case, there is also a tendency to feel that if we don't look at the problem. it'll disappear.  But the subco